Learning the Ropes is a self-paced online course designed for patients and care partners who are looking for information and strategies for:
- Working with growing healthcare teams,
- Developing support networks,
- Managing self-care and the non-medical aspects of wellness that can get crowded out of the picture, and
- Planning legal and financial issues that arise with a change to your life.
There are 12 learning modules that take you through the process of building and using a patient binder, analysing and building your support networks, learning why and how real self-care is a radical act (hint: we’re not talking mani-pedis – not that you can’t have them!) and taking a look at the basics of legal and financial planning areas that are commonly affected by a critical or chronic illness – for patients and care partners.
Participants have access to the course content and discussion boards.
Course Fee: $
97 Currently $59.95
What Will You Learn?
- Improved organization prior to appointments
- Improved communication with healthcare practitioners at appointments
- A system for following up on treatment plans and tests
- Clear understanding of your support networks and how to stay connected
- Basic legal and financial documents and plans in place
Learning the Ropes
Determine the Information You Need to Carry With You
Create Your Personal Health Summary
Map & Assess Your Support Networks00:00
Pull Together Your Contact List
Create an Accurate Medication List
Taking Good Clinic Notes
SELF-Care is a Radical Act
Review of our Radical Acts
Advocacy for Ourselves and Others
Ordering Your Affairs: Part I (Legal)
Ordering Your Affairs Part 2 (Financial)