Learning the Ropes Online Course
A Bit About the Free 12 Module ‘Learning the Ropes’ Online Course
When you work through the ‘Learning the Ropes’ online course, you will:
- Get information, tools and resources to help you better navigate Canada’s healthcare system.
- Learn one concrete action in each module so you can better navigate our healthcare systems.
- Have access to a students-only discussion board in each module so you can ask questions and find more information and resources.
Over the course of 12 modules you will learn about 4 key areas:
- Building a patient binder to so you can carry key information and improve communication with your healthcare teams.
- Assess and build your support networks.
- Prioritize balance in the non-medical aspects of your life because isolation can become an issue with a critical or chronic illness.
- Address some basic legal and financial issues so that you’re prepared before an unexpected long-term interaction with the healthcare system.
We won’t fix a lot of the issues with our healthcare systems overnight, but we can learn some key skills that will help us better navigate the systems and avoid some of the unnecessary frustrations patients and care partners encounter.
‘Learning the Ropes’ Online Course Overview
LTR 01: Get Started
LTR 02: Determine The Information You Need
LTR 03: Create Your Personal Health Summary
LTR 04: Develop Your Support Networks
LTR 05: Pull Together Your Contact List
LTR 06: Create An Accurate Medication List
LTR 07: Take Good Clinic Notes
LTR 08: Self-Care is a Radical Act
LTR 09: Review of Our Radical Acts
LTR 10: Advocacy for Ourselves and Others
LTR 11: Ordering Your Dreaded ‘Affairs’ (Part 1 ~ Legal)
LTR 12: Ordering Your Dreaded ‘Affairs’ (Part 2 ~ Financial)